Friday 1 June 2012

April and May 2012

So, the end of May has come and summer has arrived. With my Pokerstars account being frozen in mid April and only getting reopened in the 2nd week of May, I've only been playing for just under 3 weeks on Stars. However, I broke even on iPoker with significant amounts of rakeback making my stint on there worthwhile. As I returned to Stars I decided to try out a new piece of software called Table of Interest allowing me to play more tables more efficiently my compartmentalising the tables to different parts of my screen for me. This has allowed me to play up to 18 tables at a time whilst retaining the ability to make good decisions without missing the intricate spots that typical mass tabling regs tend to get exploited in. Consequently, I have increased my volume and my daily VPPs have increased to almost double my previous daily rate which obviously boosts my rakeback on Pokerstars too. I have made a decision to play fewer MTTs but have still hit 3 final tables in the last 2 weeks despite only playing 1 or 2 a day. I have been running a bit better in general but not as well in the high stakes games ($200-$500 games) resulting in this last week being break even despite my 'In the Money' percentage increasing greatly. I do enjoy the flexibility that reducing the number of MTTs brings me. It also gives me a good idea about whether going for Supernova Elite in 2013 would be achievable/worth the commitment. Obviously the commitment to it would be significant (40+ hours a week as opposed to the 25-30 I'm used to) but whilst it has been fun lying in til whenever I want I think the time has come to work hard with an aim to save some money up for some long term stability (so wise....).

I'm thinking this blog will also become a port for interesting hands I've experienced much like md261 and Pezrez's blog but I'm yet to really decide on that.

I will update this again soon once I've decided upon putting certain hands here.

bigstealer

No comments:

Post a Comment